To know more about Pigmentation, we recommend reviewing the following Aesthetic Dermatology articles:
• What is Pigmentation & What Causes its Development?
• Pigmentation Treatment
Dermaceutic Laboratoire has scientifically designed cosmeceutical homecare kits to prepare the skin for Pigmentation Treatments – click here to see our 21 Day Expert Care Kits.
A good exfoliator will assist in sloughing off the dead skin cells, which allows additional skin actives to penetrate to the required skin layers. It will also increase the Cellular Turnover, which will assist in revitalizing the skin and getting it to function as optimally as possible.
• Foamer 15 is an expert cleanser that removes impurities and dead skin cells. It is ideal for preparing the skin prior to skin treatments, it leaves the skin radiant and tightens pores.
Free radical skin damage is one of the primary contributors to pigmentation disorders. A scientific formulation of antioxidants in your preparation protocols will ensure that your skin is as healthy as possible before you embark on your skin treatments.
• C25 Cream includes a concentration of antioxidants which contribute to preventing free radical damage. It is recommended for irregular complexions and leaves the skin harmonized with natural radiance.
An essential element in preparing your skin for treating pigmentation is including a cosmeceutical which contains Tyrosinase inhibitors. Tyrosinase inhibitors prevent the melanocytes from producing further melanin.
• With Tyrosinase Inhibitors, your melanocytes are in a state of calm and will therefore not adversely react to the treatment.
• Without Tyrosinase Inhibitors, it is possible that the melanocytes will react to the treatment by producing more melanin, which can lead to rebound pigmentation.
• Light Ceutic is recommended for dull skin and irregular complexion and leaves the skin radiant with a harmonized skin tone. The scientific formulation of active ingredients in Light Ceutic - gently exfoliates the skin and regulates the production of melanin.
No matter the cause of your pigmentation, sun exposure will ALWAYS exacerbate hyperpigmentation. It is therefore essential that during your pre-treatment protocols you use a broad-spectrum sunblock that blocks both UVA and UVB rays. This should be applied every day, even when you aren’t planning on being outdoors, because even when you are driving or sitting at your desk you are exposed to UV rays.
• Sun Ceutic is an AGE DEFENSE sun cream, that provides quality protection against UVA and AVB rays and helps to prevent the signs of premature skin aging. The powerful UVA/UVB filters offer a SPF 50+ protection.
If the pigmentation is largely due to excessive sun exposure, then a course of TCA peels could be prescribed which are very effective in targeting more superficial sun-damaged skin.
A combination of different peels over a course of time could also be recommended. Your Skin Therapist will base your course of treatment on your type of pigmentation, depth and medical history and will advise you accordingly.
Everything to do with treating pigmentation should revolve around keeping the skin as calm and protected as possible. Avoid any form of an inflammatory reaction, therefore post-treatment, the skin must be looked after as best as possible.
Fortunately, Dermaceutic Laboratoire has a cosmeceutical homecare range scientifically formulated specifically for post- Aesthetic Treatments.
• Advanced Cleanser is a gentle cleansing foam, that removes excess sebum and leaves the skin cleansed with a fresh and hydrated feel. It is particularly recommended for sensitive skin post-treatment as it has soothing qualities.
• K Ceutic is an essential post-treatment RESTORE cream; it provides essential nutrients to the skin which nourishes, protects and heals the skin post-treatments. It also protects the skin with an SPF 50+.
It is essential that any pigmentation peel be completed with a course of Mela Cream. The unique and powerful concentration of actives will ensure the long-term treatment of your pigmentation at home, treating existing pigmentation and preventing further pigmentation.
Mela Cream is an expert anti-pigmentation cream which contains nine proven and highly concentrated pigment reducing ingredients. Mela Cream also minimizes the risk of post-procedure PIH and is suitable for all skin types and photo-types.
The maintenance plan may include targeted treatments every 6-12 months as well as effective cosmeceutical homecare, which is essential to maintain results and prevent further pigmentation. Dermaceutic Laboratoire has scientifically formulated Professional Products and a range of Cosmeceutical Homecare – all of which have undergone extensive clinical trials to ensure their efficacy and safety.
It will be worthwhile to discuss serums such as Tri Vita C30, which will enhance and prolong treatment results, as well as targeted homecare such as Yellow Cream, which is a very effective spot treatment for superficial pigmentation spots or even body pigmentation.
The most efficacious cosmeceutical product that prevents pigmentation development - is sun protection. Regardless of your lifestyle or the season, a broad-spectrum SPF 50 is essential. Click here to learn how Dermaceutic formulates an aesthetic dermatology sun protection – Sun Ceutic.
Pigmentation is a complex skin disorder and therefore requires a multi-faceted approach. Dermaceutic Laboratoire is a leader in Aesthetic Dermatology; benefit from our expertise in targeting specific skin indications.
Your Skin Therapist will not only council you on the process but guide you through the treatment of your pigmentation. Be prepared to commit to a lifelong treatment protocol, but with regular treatments and effective cosmeceutical homecare a bright even skin tone is achievable.