Is your skin feeling “out of balance”? Is it showing signs of congestion, oiliness, or perhaps even dry and scaly with a rough texture?
Skin that is “in-balance”, means that your skin is functioning optimally. For a skin to function optimally, there must be a perfect balance between hydration, oil production and cellular turnover. If for example, the skin is not hydrated properly, it will compensate by producing excess oil in its attempt to overcome dehydration. This will leave the skin feeling oily and congested, which can possibly lead to skin breakouts.
If the skin is not correctly cared for, it can quickly become sluggish, leading to a slow cellular turnover. As soon as the skin’s cellular turnover rate decreases, there will be a build-up of dead skin cells. The skin will appear rough and aged.
For the skin to look and feel healthy it must essentially be in “homeostasis”. Homeostasis is when all the components of the skin are functioning optimally and in balance.
In order to maintain homeostasis of the skin, one must look at all the factors which affect Skin Health: both extrinsic and intrinsic and finally manage it with an effective skincare regime.
If your skin is feeling “out of balance” and you would like to get it back to normal, focus on your skincare at home and give it that extra TLC that it needs.
Your homecare TLC protocol need not be expensive nor time consuming, with the Dermaceutic homecare range it can be concise and effective… and with a focus on only three products it will be cost effective too.
To get the skin functioning optimally, start by focusing on the following products:
Dermaceutic Advanced Cleanser is a unique cleanser in that it offers you an effective cleansing product, removing bacteria and impurities, whilst maintaining the barrier of the skin and providing soothing and moisturizing elements.
Advanced Cleanser can be used night and day, even on the most sensitive of skins. It must be applied to damp skin, massaged in and thoroughly rinsed off.
Advance Cleanser contains the following active ingredients:
• Xylitol: hydrates and soothes the skin
• Zinc: helps treat oily skin and acts as an anti-microbial agent
• Urea: moisturizes, removed scaliness and restores suppleness
• Glycerin: hydrates and provides a protective layer to the skin
Advanced Cleanser will leave the skin feeling clean, hydrated and skin balance will be restored.
Dermaceutic Hyal Ceutic is an intense moisturizer, providing the skin with 24-hour hydration. Hyal Ceutic is ideal for dehydrated, sensitive and congested skins. This daily moisturizer essentially provides the skin with enough moisture, so that the skin will not overcompensate with its oil production. Recommended for oily and congested skin.
Hyal Ceutic can be used day and night as a RESTORE cream or everyday moisturizer. It must be applied on cleansed, dry skin, over a serum if necessary.
Hyal Ceutic contains the following active ingredients:
• 5.5% Hyaluronic Acid: moisturizes the skin, ensuring suppleness and firmness
• 10% Aloe Vera Extract: soothes the skin, acts and an anti-inflammatory and stimulates collagen
• Jajoba Oil: Mimics the skin’s natural oils to prevent the overproduction of oil, leaves a non-oily moisturizing layer on the skin
• Vitamin E: Antioxidant
Hyal Ceutic will leave the skin feeling soothed and hydrated.
Dermaceutic Activ Retinol is a powerful Age Defense Serum in the PREVENT segment of the Dermaceutic range. It is available in two strengths: 0.5% and 1% Retinol. The Activ Retinol serums treat loss of skin tone, wrinkles, fine lines and a dull complexion.
Retinol is an effective skincare active ingredient that works on the cellular level to reset the functioning of the skin, in order to get it functioning optimally.
It is recommended to use Activ Retinol during the day or in the evening: it should be applied on cleansed, dry skin, under your moisturizer. It is advised to begin using Activ Retinol 0.5% and if necessary, you can upgrade to the 1%, under the advice of your Skincare Professional.
Activ Retinol 0.5% is recommended for sensitive to normal skin and Activ Retinol 1% for mature skin. Note: Retinol can sometimes cause sensitivity with certain individuals; it is advised to start off slowly, with the lowest percentage. If you do notice an adverse reaction, decrease the frequency of use until the skin becomes used to the activity of Retinol. If unsure, speak to your Skin Professional who will advise you accordingly.
Activ Retinol contains the following active ingredients:
• 0.5% / 1% Retinol Complex: Repairs and protects damaged and dry skin. Stimulates the renewal of skin cells and increases cellular turnover.
• 1% Ceramides: Hydrates the skin and reinforces the epidermal barrier.
• Panthenol and Allatoin: Hydrates and nourishes the skin.
• Vitamin C & E: Antioxidants, combats the signs of photoaging.
• Activ Retinol will leave your skin feeling rejuvenated and radiant.
• Advanced Cleanser keeps the skin free of impurities whilst maintaining its moisture; Activ Retinol targets the cellular functioning of the skin by increasing the cellular turnover rate encouraging the sloughing off of dead skin cells; and finally Hyal Ceutic keeps the skin hydrated and soothed, it balances the skin’s oil production leaving the skin feeling restored.
These three key products will essentially get the skin working optimally and back into homeostasis.
If you feel that you need some extra help towards achieving refreshed and revitalized skin, it is worth speaking to your Skincare Professional about the Dermaceutic Milk Peel. It is a superficial chemical peel comprising of a combination of acids (Glycolic, Lactic and Salicylic Acids) which work synergistically to exfoliate, hydrate and accelerate cellular turnover.
The Milk Peel will leave the skin glowing and hydrated and is ideal for congested skin that is prone to breakouts. A course of four Milk Peel treatments, two weeks apart, will effectively rejuvenate “out of balance” skin.
In summary, by targeting 3 main skin concerns: congestion, hydration and cellular turnover with the above mentioned Dermaceutic homecare products, one can return the skin to a state of homeostasis i.e. optimally functioning skin health.
To sign-up to our Newsletter, you can click here.